NebraskaHerb
FIVE-TIME NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPS
"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game.
In the deed the glory."

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Happy Holidays

UPDATE: I thought I would clarify that I didn't write this, I got it forwarded to me in the ol' email. Although I appreciate if you thought I was this clever.

For My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting these greetings, you are accepting the aforementioned terms as stated. This greeting is not subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself/himself/others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wish

For My Republican Friends:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Merry Christmas to you too!

...Brandee

By, the way, I got to meet the Beans family today while Beans was being interviewed for the weekly Soldier Interview segment....Finally, a face to the name, Ma Beans. :) Sweet.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sack!

I haven't been to your blog lately so I have had a lot of posts to catch up on. I was getting a little worried about you after reading your Top 10 List....

I enjoyed your electricty crutch blog. Talked to Brent on Sunday but didn't realize you'd been out of electricty for 4 days so this fills me in on more details. Course it was only the day after it happened, that we talked to him. He too thought it would be back on before the end of the day.

Your (that) post makes me really appreciate how blessed we are to live in this great country. To have a xxxx sq/ft. home and not a 10x12 box to live in, a closet full of coats, blankets, several tv's throughout the house, yard lights/street lights to help me find my way around, plenty of candles, several flashlights, a cell phone to keep me company w/ someone on the other end..... That had to suck! I feel for you guys.

Here I am to this post and I'm wondering if you've fallen off the deep end! You were traumatized in the last week or so w/ memories of bad movies, then no electricity, and now, you're wishing the Democrats a Merry Christmas!! :)

Now that I'm all caught up, I couldn't wait to get on the blog and tell you WHAT A SMALL WORLD!! Who'd have thought that when we went to 10/11 for Brent's interview we'd meet someone who has a direct connection to YOU! Here we are in this dark room, there's a pretty young lady in the room and we're chatting w/ the reporter and she says it's nice to finally have someone on that's from around here. She said she had someone over in Iraq and I asked her who/where "he's" at. She said Steve Kane!!! I'm like WOW! So we had a nice little chat. I told her I was Ma Beans! So yea, nice to have a face to the name. Hopefully I'll get that chance with you someday soon after you all get back.

Take care and don't let these holidays get you down. I know you wished you could be with your family, as we all do. Trust me, they want to be with you just as much. Hang in there - it won't be much longer. I know that's easier said than done. And since I'm a Mom, Beans' Mom, I get to say these things.

Back home we're all so proud of each and every one of you guys and without your blogs, we'd have nothing to look forward to each day when we get on the web to see what you're all up to. We really appreciate them. I can imagine it's the same way for you to get on and see the comments people have posted.

Merry Christmas, Sack!

Ma Beans

Anonymous said...

Hey Sack!
Appreciate your posts from the front...it really gives people back home some insight into what you guys are going thru...very diff. from what our liberal rags portray.

Have the best Holidays you can over there under the circumstances. You guys and gals are true heros and we appreciate your sacrifice for our freedoms...never quit the fight my man...we WILL win this thing.

V/R,

Kent Manno
Board Member & Road Captain
Rolling Thunder NJ3
Budd Lake, NJ

Brian said...

Sack,

GREAT POST!!!!
Probably would have been even better if you would have wrote it.

Merry Christmas to you too bud. Hey ran across this and got a great Christmas laugh...at your expense of course. Is that Fraggle Rock man? Well turn it up man! Sack will dance...

http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=20b5391456225623094eaefG06121406

You have to copy and paste it on the web address bar.

Ole' Buddy B


Haven't had the plessure of meeting " The Beans' " yet, but Ma Beans rocks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your service and Merry Christmas.

Excellent blog by the way.

Maybe you can stop by and send me some feedback about what you think of Saddam Hussein's regime sometime at www.regimeofterror.com

Anonymous said...

Found you through the press release centcom issued this morning about your interview -
It was excellent - thank you!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you Sack! Keep it up, and thanks for our service. Oh yeah, and Go Gators!

Vince in South Florida

Anonymous said...

Sack,

Great blog!! Thank you for participating in the interview with me. I want you to know that I agree with you about needing to stay in Iraq until we get their government stabilized and able to defend themselves. Take care of yourself! Oh, and by the way... I forgive you for being a Nebraska fan... Go Buffs!!

Jim Cannon
Thinking Right
Denver, Colorado