NebraskaHerb
FIVE-TIME NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPS
"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game.
In the deed the glory."

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Internet Fun

I thought this story about Screech getting accosted in Omaha was pretty funny when I read it this morning on Omaha.com. I was even more surprised when it showed up on Yahoo news as the most viewed AP Story of the day. No word yet if the woman was Lisa Tuttle. This seems like a likely scenario though, a woman breaks into his hotel room to steal his video games. And he detains her while she screams rape. Right. This is about as believable as Justin Gatlin saying the reason he tested positive steroids was that an angry masseuse poked him with a syringe or Floyd Landis saying "insert any of his 10 excuses here." I think Screech pulled the whole, "Hey, come back to my hotel room and I'll introduce you to Zach" card after a long night of telling dirty jokes at the Funny Bone.

Richard Hatch in Jail was the second most viewed story of the day. I had forgotten that he actually got some jail time. 51 months in prison, albeit a low security one. Not a small sentence by any means. I wonder how much time he'll spend walking around his cell naked and whether he think he can get voted out of prison.

No comments: